Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Some fun Stuff

I just heard about the book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, which I so want for Christmas. It sounds amazing. I mean, I want to make all our bread, and have been toying with the idea of making my own sourdough starter, which I still plan to do, but the idea that you just mix a few ingredients, let it rise for two hours without kneading, stick it in the fridge and just get bread dough when you want it and form a loaf and bake it. I'm sorry, but that's just amazingly easy for homemade bread. I mean you never knead this stuff, you soak the flour which is good for digestion, and I imagine that I could eventually use this same idea with my sourdough starter.

Also, I spotted this today. Little knitted moccasins in super warm alpaca. All my kids want them for slippers, so now I have to figure out how to make them in multiple sizes, but look how cute they are! They're super easy, too. I could probably use them to teach my big girls to do shaping and knitting in the round, since they're motivated to have them for themselves. Fun! Like I need more projects, though. I have way too many, seriously, waaaay too many projects going.

Finally, for fun, one of my fun chicken pictures..... guess what???????


Chicken Butt

2 comments:

  1. Melissa: I'm Jeff Hertzberg, one of the co-authors of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. Come visit us anytime at http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com, where you can find free version of the recipe (NY Times article, for example, under "Reviews"), post questions into any "Comments" field, or click on "Bread Questions" on the left side of the homepage and choose among the options.

    Jeff Hertzberg
    www.artisanbreadinfive.com
    http://twitter.com/ArtisanBreadIn5

    Chicago tribune video: http://us.macmillan.com/BookCustomPage.aspx?isbn=9780312362911&m_type=2&m_contentid=119255#video

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks Jeff! I can't wait to get some of this stuff in the oven! I'll be sure to post my bread creations on here.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete