Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More Sewing



Fair warning: There may be a lot of sewing projects to come, as I'm a little fabric crazy lately, and I want new summer clothes. I've had some $3 a yard taffeta for a long time that I'd planned to make spring dresses out of for years. I decided to go ahead and cut a skirt for myself. I'd made the pattern before out of a toile cotton print, which I like a lot, but the pattern definitely lends itself to a heavier, dressier fabric. Plus the extra fabric at the back and A shape is flattering on an apple like me. I shortened it by quite a lot, though I had planned to use the fabric to make the floor length version originally. In an ideal world, I'd have a place to wear a floor length, silky, ruffly skirt... but this is not an ideal world, boo! Anyway, the leftover fabric can make some sweet skirts or dresses for my girls, perhaps.


Just as I was typing that last word (isn't it funny how these things happen!), I heard a delivery truck drive up and plop a box onto my front stoop! So, of course I had to unpack the box from Fabric.com and show you what I bought... it was a big sale, I got most of it at least half off! The top two weren't in the box, they're leftover curtain fabric from the living room, and a printed organza(?) I'm making into a kimono blouse, but you get the idea!
Hmmmm... the colors seem to have a sort of theme on this blog, don't they! Should I start labeling posts "orange"? Go ahead and drool, I haven't washed them yet!

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Duvall,
    I haven't talked to any of you guys in a while! How are you doing?
    It is so fun to be able to see your family grow!

    Love,
    Chrissy Bloom

    P.S. What kind of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Chrissy! I see you're becoming quite a good photographer! I have a Lumix with a Leica lens (Panasonic DMC-TZ5) and I love it. It's a great blog camera and family photo camera... small, good at taking colorful, clear pictures, and the colors are true to life, which is really important to me!

    ReplyDelete